Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Morning Coffee

Are you a coffee junkie? A java aficionado? A mocha maven?

Do you start each and every morning with a cup of coffee or tea?

I do. It's a given.

Yes, I do have to take some time to make sure I'm stocked up on my favorite beans and that I have the right filter. I need to rinse out the pot, fill up the reservoir with fresh water, replace the filter and measure out the coffee grinds. These days, most of this has to be accomplished with a four-month old baby on my hip, which makes it all the more challenging.

But, it's worth it.

There's something else that should be as much a part of my day as my morning coffee. Time with God. Every day. Non-negotiable. As much a part of waking of as my daily caffeine boost.

Seeking God first in the morning sets the stage for a productive and peaceful day.

Dear God, help me to consistently seek you each and every morning. Help me to connect with you and feel your peace. Infuse my daily life with your love and joy. Amen. 

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment